Choosing natural gas for your home offers many advantages that will help you save money, improve the environment, and increase your comfort. Whether you own or rent, our Low-Income Gas Conversion Program can provide grants to help eligible households convert their current heating and hot water systems to natural gas.
Customers will be eligible for conversion grants up to $6,000 per household. Unless a landlord is income-eligible for HEAP and the building is owner-occupied, landlords will be required to pay 25% of the conversion cost. Renters are eligible for grants up to $6,000 after the required 25% landlord investment is applied.
Items eligible for grant funding include:
- Natural gas main/service line extensions
- Natural gas houseline installations
- Equipment conversion costs (e.g., furnaces, boilers, water heaters and thermostats)
Located in National Fuel’s WNY service territory.
Check for natural gas availability in your area by calling 1-800-295-0059 or (716) 827-2343 to speak with a New Services Department representative.
The owner of an owner-occupied residence, or a tenant who is responsible for their own utility bill.
Income-eligible for one of the following:
- National Fuel’s Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP)
- NYSERDA’s EmPower New York Program (i.e., HEAP eligible)
- NYSERDA’s Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program
Currently heating with oil, propane, electricity, wood or coal.